Everyone! We've moved to WordPress.

Rollovers for Gantt Charts

Before we start, you might have noticed some renovations on this blog. Yeah, it was time for a change. I'm working this template out, so sorry if some of the formats seem off. Also, I have started a new facebook page. I'll be keeping it updated with stories from my favorite blogs. Also, you can post questions and stuff for me (or others) to take a crack at. Plus, you'll see that I'm just a normal average guy. So if you have a facebook, you should join. You really don't have a good excuse why not! :)

DOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT!
Option Explicit VBA | Promote Your Page Too


***

In early last year, this humble blog had very little traffic. All of that changed in April of last year when I posted an exciting discovery: the Rollover technique. This technique was written about by the wonderful Purna of Chandoo.org. At the time, I was super excited about all of the possibilities of this technique. Now, just about a year later, I'm unsure whether anyone (besides me) has really ever used it. I even tried to incorporate it into my last project, but I found my clients were all too used to clicking on a cell rather than rolling over one. In the end I removed the rollover and replaced it with a click. Perhaps the rollover technique is destined to be a cool gimmick and not much more.

But I'm not giving up. Reader Bert van Zandbergen has been sending me many fine spreadsheets featuring this technique. His enthusiasm is encouraging. So I give you a rollover you can use for your Gantt Charts!
Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

Download the fun, here:
Gantt Chart Surprise.xlsm

To see my intermediate table, scroll to the right of the dashboard. Sometime in the short future, I'll post a how to make the highlighted cell stand out with a border. In the mean time, remember to go to Facebook and like this page. Seriously, what are you waiting for? 

Comments: 2

  1. nice effort there...
    but
    i hate the blinking status bar that says calculating/ready whenever i mouse over the gantt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write about that problem - and how to fix it - here: http://optionexplicitvba.blogspot.com/2012/08/needs-more-rollover-quick-tip.html

    ReplyDelete